Location: North Island
Livestock Cadet - North Island and Livestock Buyer - Northland region
AFFCO NZ Limited provides the world with New Zealand’s finest premium
meats and associated animal by products. We select our livestock from the
best New Zealand farms to enable us to provide both our international and local
customers with the premium products that only New Zealand has to offer.
We pride ourselves on our working relationship with our livestock suppliers.
We are looking for a new member of our Livestock team, a Livestock Cadet
who will be based in the North Island. This role will involve working with
established Livestock Buyers to gain the required experience to become an
AFFCO livestock buyer.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following:
• Experience on a farm and working with animals
• Knowledge and an affinity for the rural sector
• Full, clean driver’s licence
• Willingness to learn
• Ability to use Excel, Word and Outlook
• Ability to move to areas in North Island if required
• The applicant will be physically fit as it can be a physically demanding role
Livestock Buyer - Northland region
AFFCO NZ Limited provides the world with New Zealand’s fi nest premium meats
and associated byproducts. We select our livestock from the best New Zealand
farms to enable us to provide both our international and local customers with
premium products that only New Zealand has to offer. We pride ourselves on
our working relationship with our livestock suppliers.
We are looking for a new member for our Livestock team, an experienced
Livestock Buyer in the Whangarei region. As a Livestock buyer you will
be responsible for the selection and procurement of the stock that AFFCO
processes. Based on the road, this role allows you to be involved in the farming
sector and work with livestock whilst exercising your business skills. This
position would suit an organised and motivated individual who plans thoroughly
and builds great relationships to achieve success.
To be considered for the role, you should have the following:
• A solid knowledge of sheep, beef and dairy; proficiency in assessing stock
• Confidence in handling animals
• Good decision-making and negotiation skills
• Be literate in Excel, Word and Outlook
• A background in agriculture or the rural sector
• Good people skills and the ability to relate to a wide variety of clients
Experience in livestock procurement or sales experience in an industry serving
the farming community is essential.
A company vehicle will be provided and you must reside in the Whangarei
region or be willing to relocate to this area. There is evening phone work
required as a part of the role.
Please note you must be a NZ resident or legally entitled to work in NZ to be
eligible for these roles. If you can please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 14 June 2019.
Closing date: Friday 14 June 2019
Date Posted: 2019-05-31