Category: Farm Manager
Farm Manager - Maraetai - NEW!
The Marion Ross Memorial Trust is seeking a Farm Manager to run
their small farm near Maraetai, East Auckland, only 25km from central
The property comprises roughly 200ha of steep to medium coastal
land, with some bush. It has a relatively low carrying capacity, and has
typically wintered around 300 breeding ewes, and 150 R2 steers.
The manager is the sole employee on the farm, and is responsible
for all day-to-day aspects of the running of the farm. This includes
all aspects of stock management and handling, including sale and
purchase decisions, machinery operation, fence and water system
maintenance etc. Spraying and weed control is also a large component
of the role.
A tidy 3-bedroom house with stunning views toward Waiheke Island is
available as part of the remuneration package. Salary and hours may
The successful applicant will have:
• Competence in sheep and beef stock management, animal health etc.
• Ability to think ahead and plan work and farm decisions in advance
• Experience of fencing and handling agrichemicals
• Strong awareness of health and safety in the workplace
• Be well organised, self-motivated, and able to work alone
A working dog would be required.
Please send your CV and cover letter to Paul Keeling at:
email@example.com to apply.
A full job description for this position is available on request.
Date Posted: 2020-05-07