Category: Shepherd / General
Exciting opportunity for a Shepherd General on a Rangitikei
sheep and cattle breeding and finishing property with a wide
range of work.
Morrison Farming is a dynamic, family farming business, consisting of an
intensive finishing property and a hill-country breeding property, both
located north of Marton in the Rangitikei.
The successful applicant will largely be based on our finishing property,
Fern Flats. But the right applicant will also be involved on our nearby hill
country property, Mangara.
Performance recording is a key focus for Morrison Farming, as well as
growing stock on a wide variety of forage.
We are looking for candidates who are a team-player, friendly, have a
positive attitude, attention to detail and recording and enjoy learning.
The position is tailored toward someone with some level of tertiary
training through an ITO or Agricultural College, with on-farm experience.
This role involves both stock work and general farm maintenance as
The successful applicants will ideally display:
- Confidence when working with cattle in the yards, moving cattle onfarm and calving
- Experience with general sheep-work
- Some experience and skill with fencing, chainsaw operation and general farm maintenance and repairs
- Willingness to take instructions, as well as work independently
- Punctuality, honesty, reliability and adherence to the Morrison
- Farming Health & Safety Policy
- A good working dog is desirable, but not essential
- A readiness to work additional hours when necessary.
We offer a structured Monday to Friday working week, with one
weekend on a month.
The position includes accommodation on-farm.
Morrison Farming supports ongoing training opportunities. A
competitive salary package will be negotiated based on experience.
A full New Zealand Driver’s Licence is required.
Morrison Farming is a smoke free workplace.
Please email your covering letter, CV and the contact details of
two recent work referees to Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org or contact
William on 027 640 1166 or Erica on 027 455 5616 if you have any
questions. A Job description can be provided on request.
Date Posted: 2020-05-29