Category: Contract Milker
Contract Milker / Equity Partner - NEW!
Expressions of Interest for Competent and Experienced
CONTRACT MILKER/EQUITY PARTNER
We are looking for an experienced and organised contract milker
for our clients 800 cow dairy farm in South Canterbury commencing
1 June 2021. This role is an exceptional opportunity for someone
looking to progress in their farming career. The successful applicant
will be incentivised to purchase an equity shareholding in the business
after a qualifying period.
The 260 hectare pivoted property is spring calving, with excellent
infrastructure and access to a support block. The farm has a sound
production history with very good milk production performance.
It is expected that the contract milker will be motivated to drive the
farms performance, as well as taking full responsibility for the daily
decision making. There will be a requirement to formally report to the
farm owners on a monthly basis.
The successful applicant must:
- Have experience in irrigation management
- Excel at pasture management
- Understand the key factors of feeding to maximise milk production
- Be capable of taking on all animal health requirements including record keeping in MINDA and NAIT
- Be confident in communicating and organising all contractor and key rural professional requirements to the farm, e.g. vets, contractors, feed suppliers.
- Have a proven staff employment record, and be able to show good
- employment practices.
In return we offer help for someone wishing to climb the ladder to farm
ownership. Flexible business arrangement.
Tertiary qualifications would be advantageous.
Applicants must be eligible to work in New Zealand, be drug free,
and provide an up to date CV with references, including their current
Apply to Lycinda Lett, AgFirst at:
email@example.com with Reference STHCAN800
Closing Date for Applications 5th December 2020
Date Posted: 2020-11-20