Category: Operations Manager
An exciting new opportunity has been created for an Operations Manager to oversee the management of a privately owned large scale farming business in Canterbury. Our client owns and operates seven dairy farms and a dairy support block, compromising of approximately 1770ha, to produce 3m KgMS, milking 7000 cows.
Reporting to the farm owner, the focus is to maximise sustainable profits from these self-contained properties by using effective allocation of resources and to take advantage of scale without compromising performance.
Success will reflect a practical approach combined with timely decision making. We therefore seek someone with a proven track record in the following areas:
- Experience in a progressive multi or large rural sector operation
- Practical experience and understanding of businesses’ operational roles that promotes empathy with staff and enables leadership by example
- Technical training and qualifications that ensure full understanding of best practice for farm, people and business management
- Proven ability and expertise to prepare, evaluate and interpret financial information and contribute to astute business decisions
- Ability to relate to, motivate, lead and support colleagues, owners and staff by integrating into an established structure and creating synergies through shared responsibility and delegation.
If you have second to none business acumen, a passion for agriculture, thrive on getting results together with superior people leadership, we want to hear from you.
Apply with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th November 2021.
Date Posted: 2021-10-13